Dr Tim Pearce says:
“Like a lot of men, Michael just wanted a little bit of treatment to make him look a little bit fresher without changing his character.
“So what we have done is gently soften his frown lines and also given him a little bit of a lighter shadow around the nose to mouth lines for a fresher but almost unplaceable difference.”
“It’s not like overkill, you can get away with it…. I’m happy… people think I look different but they don’t know why.”
Arrange Your Free Consultation
Enter your details and we’ll get in touch!
How do dermal fillers work?
How do dermal fillers work?
SkinViva only use temporary dermal fillers, which are very safe and are based on hyaluronic acid, a substance which occurs naturally within the skin to retain water and add volume. This substance depletes in the skin with age, but can be restored using dermal filler injections.
Dermal filler comes as an injectable gel that is delivered beneath the surface of the skin to plump it out. In the case of wrinkles or creases, this restores smoother and more youthful skin.
Treatment is relatively quick and pain-free thanks to the incorporation of a local anaesthetic.
Fillers tend to be used more in the lower half of the face. For best results, the two procedures can be combined if required.
Why choose Dermal Fillers?
Why choose Dermal Filler injections?
Dermal filler injections work on a very simple principle, which is to add volume into the skin.
This is a very versatile procedure and clinicians are developing more and more sophisticated applications for dermal filler injection.
The most common treatments using dermal fillers for men are:
- Anti-ageing, troubleshooting wrinkles – addressing deep lines and creases such as nose to mouth lines
- Anti-ageing, restoring volume – smoothing out facial hollows e.g. around the temples either side of forehead
- Anti-aging, lifting – facial tissues which have become loose with time can be lifted for a fresher look using dermal fillers
- Facial reshaping – fillers can be used to improve the whole appearance of the face e.g. addressing asymmetry or producing a sharper chin or jawline
- Non-surgical nose job – a very popular procedure for men, reshaping the nose very effectively without the cost, risk or downtime involved in surgery
- Lip enhancement – while commonly thought of as a feminine procedure, this is also an option for men; especially where the lips are very thin or imbalanced, or deep smokers lines have appeared
With one simple injection, dermal fillers can achieve remarkable results.
Treatment is pain-free, and lasts from 6-9 months for standard fillers, up to 2 years for the new longer-lasting Juvederm Volift and Voluma.
See Dermal Filler results in our gallery below. You’ll find more pictures on our before and after photos page.
What do dermal fillers cost?
Dermal filler prices
|Treatment||Upfront price from||6 monthly payments||Deposit|
|Juvederm Ultra 1ml*
Lasting around 6 months
|Juvederm Voluma, Volbella and Volift 1ml*
Lasting around 12-24 months
Got a Question?
Examples of treatments popular with men are:
- nose to mouth lines
- eye bags
- crease/lines in the skin
- nose reshaping
- smokers lines/lip enhancement
- chin augmentation
The 'horror stories' about filler injections a few years ago more often relate to permanent fillers or silicone.
Our fillers are based on hyaluronic acid, which is a naturally occurring substance in the skin and therefore readily compatible.
We do not allow non-medical professionals to carry out cosmetic treatments. This isn't necessarily the case elsewhere and is an important point to check.
Possible side effects include: redness, minor swelling, itching, tenderness and potential lumps in the treated area. These can be reduced by massage.
Your consultation will always include relevant medical information.