How Age Affects Appearances
How Age Affects Appearances
There’s a well established link in our minds between beauty and ageing but in reality neither one is necessarily led by the other. As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and ageing occurs at different rates in all of us. It IS possible however to make some general observations about what’s happening in terms of the face as we move through the decades.
We take a look at the key symptoms over the decades and our recommended treatments to slow down the test of time!
20 to 30 years
- As early as in our 20s to 30s, our levels of collagen start to fall which leaves us with the first signs of fine lines and wrinkles perhaps across our foreheads, around the frown, or at the corners of the eyes (known at the crows’ feet). Treatment: Botox reduces or eliminates fine wrinkles and wrinkles effectively and relatively painlessly. It’s safe and treatments can be carried out in 20-30 minutes in our Manchester clinics. What’s more it’s available from the SkinViva doctors from only £38 per month which gets you 3 treatments per year!
- Dark shadows can start to appear under the eyes as important fat deposits start to dissipate. As a result we begin to look not only tired but older. Treatment: Dermal fillers containing hyaluronic acid draw moisture to replenish lost volume. Dermal fillers are administered by SkinViva’s qualified, experienced clinicians in many parts of the face but in this case help to reduce dark shadows in the under eye area. Again, treatment can be carried out well within 1 hour meaning you can pay us a visit on your lunch break! Prices start from £25 per month for 2 treatments in the year.
30 to 40 years
- With the pull of gravity, the fat pads in the cheeks at this stage in life start to head southwards. This contributes to the formation of nose-to-mouth lines (or nasolabial folds). In addition, we get the begins of jowls in the lower part of the face. Treatment: Dermal fillers such as Juvederm can be extremely effectively at supporting the cheek pads and instantly reducing the nose-to-mouth lines.
- Lips are starting to thin out in this decade, in particular the upper lip. Fine lines may also start to appear just above the top lip. Treatment: Juvederm Volbella is a new dermal filler using new Vycross technology designed to replace lost volume in the lips. It’s great because it has built-in local anaesthetic meaning it’s a very comfortable procedure. The SkinViva clinicians use their expertise to ensure to get the look and shape you want for your lips without over-plumping and looking artificial.
40 to 50 years
- Chin area is less sharp and loses shape over time meaning the face is less of a downward triangle and more of a rectangle. Sagging of the skin and the forming of the jowls all contribute to this effect.
- Cheek area looks noticeably flatter with loss of volume. In some people, their cheeks begin to look more hollow
- Dynamic lines in areas such as the forehead, frown, and around the eyes begin to look more prominent. Dynamic lines are where the movement of facial muscles over time have created wrinkles and lines and naturally time plays a big factor in the extent to which these appear on the face. Treatment: In addition to Botox treatments consider laser rejuvenation to resurface and re-contour the whole of the face.
- In ours 50s, fat naturally occurring in us will begin to deposit itself in saggy skin making areas such as the jowls more prominent. In addition, skin is losing its elasticity adding to the effect of sagging.
- Our eyebrows also begin to head downwards. This can lead to the appearance of hooded or heavy eyebrows. In addition, falling elastin and collagen levels result in eyelid bags and additional lines. Treatment: Injections of Botox in the frown and forehead area provide a highly effective and safe eyebrow lift which will open up the eyes again and reduce the appearance of a drooping brow. An eyebrow lift is available as 2 areas of Botox with SkinViva and is also available with our pay monthly option.
- Deeper lines such as the nose-to-mouth lines (nasolabial folds) and mouth-to-chin lines (marionette lines) become significantly more prominent as the cheek pads head downwards and skin continues to sag. Treatments: SkinViva’s VivaLift is highly effective at restoring lost volume and providing lift back into the lower and mid face. It uses 2 revolutionary techniques developed by the SkinViva Doctors – ArcVectoring and MultiMicropoint – to provide an instant injectable facelift which provides a safer, cheaper, and as effective alternative to a surgical facelift.
Skin Treatments Manchester, Cheshire, Lancashire
SkinViva’s fully qualified Clinicians offer appointments at an extensive network of 85+ convenient locations across the North West including Cheshire, Lancashire and Manchester. The team is led by fully qualified doctor and Clinical Director, Dr Tim Pearce MB ChB BSc (Hons) MRCGP.
They offer free consultations so that patients can find out more about the treatment and decide whether to go ahead.
For further information or to arrange a confidential consultation, please call 0161 865 1141, email email@example.com.